Greetings members of The United Court of the Pikes Peak Empire:
As there were no candidates to be voted on at the Annual General Membership Meeting held on February 20, 2021, for the positions of Vice President or Recording Secretary, the Board of Advisors is announcing a special meeting.
In accordance with the UCPPE By-Laws: Section 5.01 Annual Meetings: “An annual meeting of the members shall be held […} for the purpose of electing officers of the Board of Advisors in accordance with Article VI of these By-laws. If the election is not held on the day designated by the Board of Advisors per Notice of Meetings (Article V, Section 5.03), the Board of Advisors shall cause the election to be held at a special meeting of the members as soon thereafter as is convenient.”
And in accordance with the UCPPE Policy Manual, Policy 6: Voting, Section 6.01: Elections and the Selection Process (Ref: By-Laws, Article VI, IX): “Elections of Board members and Monarchs shall be announced to the public by any means of the general sources available through the posting of media and complete descriptions of the positions and their duties, scheduled date of voting, locations and date of announcement, as required by the State of Colorado or elsewhere in accordance with the law. The posting shall be accomplished within a period of sixty (60) days prior to the core, or as close as possible.”
This meeting will be held at 12:00 pm (noon) on Saturday, April 17, 2021 at Club Q.
The job descriptions for Vice President and Recording Secretary are below.
If interest in running for either position an application for office can be found on our website at Application for Office | The United Court of the Pikes Peak Empire (ucppe.org
) . You can also pay the application fee online under the same link. Packet pick up will also be available at Club Q on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Applications must be turned into the Board of Advisors by 8:00 pm, Saturday, March 13, 2021.
A Board of Review for any applicants will be held at 10:00 am, Saturday, March 20, 2021.
The principal duties of the Vice President shall be:
• To act as president in the absence or disability, for any cause whatsoever, of the President.
• Attend candidate’s campaign events to evaluate activities thus to determine the best campaign award. During Coronation prior to the crowning of new monarchs, the Vice President will give an award to one Emperor or Empress candidate for running, in the Vice President’s opinion, the best campaign which shall be known as the Chris Jones Award.
• Assist the President to achieve goals and objectives and to solve problems Attend and support fund raising events and functions as often as possible. Assist with the production of Coronation and other State Functions
• Be knowledgeable and informed of the activity and affairs of the Court as a corporation. Attend special meeting s as called by the President of the Board
• Be knowledgeable of the history and traditions of the court and share this knowledge with court members.
• Encourage and assist court members to aspire to Royal, Sovereign, Imperial positions Encourage membership and participation
Minister of Protocol:
One of the many duties of the Vice President of the Board of Advisors is to act as minister of protocol.
• The Vice President shall be responsible for maintaining the protocol list for all Lifetime Titleholders.
• Prepare and print a correct and complete UCPPE Protocol List for use at State Functions.
• Collecting Protocol for current reign and update any changes at the direction of the reigning Monarchs.
• Monitor submitted protocol for appropriate content based on UCPPE protocol guidelines.
• Be present at State Functions to mark the presence of UCPPE Life Time Title Holders including Regents and current line of succession members for used by Masters of Ceremonies to introduce and recognize Life Time Title Holder s, Line of Succession members and visiting courts.
• Work with the Board of Advisors to develop Guide Lines for UCPPE Appropriate Protocol Content.
• Post public calls for protocol via email and social media for out of state coronations collecting and maintaining an updated protocol.
• Send coronation protocols for all UCPPE Monarchs or lifetime title holders traveling out of realm in a timely manner to the minister of protocol for those events.
• Regularly attend all scheduled Board of Advisors meetings
The Vice President’s primary Coronation duties are as follows:
• To ensure that UCPPE Protocol Guidelines are adhered to.
• Communicate with the Reign regarding what awards and lifetime titles are being presented and ensure that they are updated on protocol.
• Check in all UCPPE Regents, Lifetime Titles Holders and ensure that they are eligible to walk in coronation • Receive Protocol for Out of Realm Courts and Business and Organizations
• Present the MC’s with current, complete and accurate protocol to be read during Coronation. Set Coordination ensuring that room is set for Coronation and Regalia is delivered
The principle duties of the Recording Secretary shall be:
• To countersign all deeds, leases, and conveyances executed by the Corporation, affix the seal of the Corporation thereto, and to such other papers as shall be required or directed to be sealed
• To keep a record of the proceedings of the Board of Advisors,
• To safely and systematically keep all books, papers, records, and documents belonging to the Corporation, or in any way pertaining to the business thereof, except the books and records incidental to the duties of the Treasurer.
• Ensure that all updates approved by either the general membership or Board of Advisors are made to the By-laws and or policy manual
• Provide electronic copies of updated by-laws and policy manual to the webmaster no more than 15 calendar days following any meeting of the BOA.
• Shall insure that the By-Laws, and most recently approved Policy Manual, are available in hard copy upon request within a reasonable period, not to exceed thirty (30) days, to any paid Member of the Organization.
• The By-Laws, Policy Manual, Rules of Campaign, and Campaign Application shall be made available in their entirety to Candidates at the annual Packet Pickup event
• Provide an electronic copy of meeting minutes to the webmaster to update on ucppe.org
for public viewing no more than 15 calendar days following any meeting of the BOA.
• Work with the corresponding secretary to produce promotional documentation such as sponsorship and vendor packets directly related to coronation and provides it to the corresponding secretary for disbursement
The Recording Secretary’s primary duties during Coronation are as follows:
• Ensuring that the sponsorship packages is updated from year to year before the end of Q1
• Ensures that Contracts are signed and submitted in a timely manner
• Co-ordinates with the reign to prepare the Script and schedule of events for Coronation